Eles is a professional, flexible, fully-responsive theme for phpBB 3.1 with a pixel-perfect mobile-first design and retina-ready graphics that is compatible with most phpBB 3.1 third party extensions.
Eles is powered by advanced customizable features and a lightweight CMS solution available via the coreframe extension, which is smartly built into phpBB and is sure to make your forum stand out from the crowd!
Meet Eles – the theme bringing much more than just a beautiful design for your forum!
This unique forum theme is efficiently written for optimum performance and designed to provide a streamlined update experience while maintaining complete compatibility with newer phpBB versions and third party extensions.
At the core of Eles runs the powerful coreframe admin extension, a top framework for phpBB style customization, development and content management.
The primary aim of ELES is to become your go-tool for phpBB3.1 forum set-up and customization!
- Pixel-perfect mobile-first responsive design.
- Built into phpBB – not on top of it.
- Optimised for high performance and fast loading times.
- Sitewide fully customizable widgets-ready sidebar.
- Ads & banners ready with 4 advertisement areas available & custom widgets.
- Smart code that enable compatibility with upcoming phpBB versions.
Child theme – intuitive solution to modify the source code for developers.
Probably the only style in the phpBB themes market to support template inheritance.
- Supports most popular phpBB 3.1 extensions – see full list below.
- Supports over 50 different languages including RTL languages.
- Multilingual custom texts – supports foreign characters in widgets, menus, etc.
- HTML widgets for sidebar and footer – add your own custom widgets.
- Custom code areas – add your own code right from the admin extension.
- Seamless updating process – no backups needed!
- Bootstrap 3.35+ included – your favourite bootstrap components included.
- Unparallel level of customization via the coreframe extension.
- Prompt support which includes assistance in using the features of the theme.
- No need to edit the source code! – countless customization options.
- Retina ready – vectors graphics which look sharp on retina screens and smartphones.
- CSS3 preloader and no FOUC (flash of unstyled content).
- Light and dark color themes fully customizable via picker-accessible color variables.
- Social links to keep in touch with your community members.
- Boxed, contained and full-width layout options.
- Customizable beautiful typography – pick from over 700 Google web fonts.
- 10 Widgets – 4 preset and 6 HTML editable ones via the admin extension.
- An unlimited number of custom menu items can be added to the top navigation bar.
- Collapsible forum categories – useful for big boards, they remember your choice.
- Font Awesome 4.5 included – over 600 icons customizable via CSS.
- First two letters default avatars – auto-added default avatars for new users.
- Advanced BBCodes – new bbcodes available via supported third-party extension.
- Clutter-free UX – additional elements for specific sections only visible when needed.
- Detailed Documentation – with links to supported extensions.
- Smooth scroll – very subtle smooth scrolling effect on modern browsers.
- CSS3 animations – hand-crafted to make buttons, links & dropdowns feel alive.
- Header VFX animation – add an unique touch to your forum with this visual appealing feature.
I think it is the best phpBB forum theme on ThemeForest. – Anonymous
- Board Announcements – by phpBB
- Pages – by phpBB
- Board Rules – by phpBB
- Auto Groups – by phpBB
- Google Analytics – by phpBB
- About Us – by Crizzo
- Advanced BBCode Box 3.1 – by VSE
- Topic Preview – by VSE
- Quick Login – by PayBas
- Avatar in last post – by bb3mobi
- Share On – by Vinny
- Ajax Smilies – by Tacitus89
- phpBB 3.1 Post Love – by satanasov (partially supported)
- Adsense for phpBB 3.1 – by Stoker (partially supported)
- Recent Topics – by PayBas
- Quick Edit – by Marc
- Email list – by david63
- External Links Open in New Window – by RMcGirr83
- phpBB3 SEO Sitemap – by Shredder
- SEO Meta Description – by bb3mobi
- mChat Extension – by dmzx
- phpBB 3.1 – NV Newspage Extension – by nickvergessen
- phpBB 3.1 Event medals – by satanasov
- Ajax Shoutbox – by paul999
The Eles theme together with the coreframe extension are developed using some of the best coding technologies available.
A set of reusable standalone and coherent PHP components that provide effective solutions to common web development problems.
The most popular front-end framework for developing responsive, mobile first web projects.
A flexible, fast, and secure template engine for PHP.
A package management system for client-side programming that works with git and GitHub repositories.
Font Awesome 4.5
A font icon with more than 600 scalable vector icons that can instantly be customized with the power of CSS.
Hello ladies and gentlemen!
Being a web developer with more than two years hands-on experience in front-end development (after carefully analyzing the open source bulletin board systems) I decided to begin on the journey of providing professional theming solutions for phpBB.
Those of you who are aware that phpBB is the most popular open source bulletin board system in the world may well agree that in spite of its ever increasing number of features, there’s still room for a lot of improvement.
Eles was started just for that – to speed up the modernization of phpBB forums.
The two main development guidelines for Eles and coreframe are:
- Improve the visual experience of phpBB while not reducing performance, and where possible improve the performance.
- Facilitate compatibility with newer versions and third party extensions by using the best practices to develop a style for phpBB.
The development process was optimized to regard these guidelines with every iteration.
Coreframe is a secure and powerful admin extension that integrates with phpBB3.1 and the Eles theme to get your forum customization experience to the next level.
All customization options available via the coreframe extension:
- Dev Mode – A reliable friend who’s doing the dirty work for you.
- Favicon URL – set the favicon of your forum.
- Logo Image – add a logo to your forum.
- Site info under logo – show or hide site name and description in header.
- Copyright text – add your own copyright text to the footer.
- Original copyright text – show or hide original copyright text.
- Layout mode – boxed, full-width or contained layout mode.
- Container width – set container width for the contained layout mode.
- Show or hide site-wide sidebar.
- Left or right sidebar position.
- Square or round avatar image shape.
- Left or right user profile position in post.
- Enable or disable site preloader.
Advertisements and Banners
- Block at page top – add advertisement for the top of the forums.
- Block at page end – add advertisement for the bottom of the forums.
- Block in widgets – add advertisement for the widget areas.
- Stick navbar to the top on page scroll.
- Add menu items – add or remove your own menu items.
- Social links – add social links for Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, Pinterest, YouTube, LinkedIn, GitHub and/or Instagram.
- Corners style – set corners style to rounded or flat.
- Google fonts url – add your favourite Google Web Fonts.
- Body font size – increase or decrease site font size (affects all elements).
- Body text font – set font for the site text.
- Headings font – set font for the headings.
- Content overlays header – toggle header offset styling on the home page.
- Header animation VFX – toggle the particles VFX effect over the header image.
- Light color theme – set the default color theme preset for the forum.
- Dark color theme – set the dark color theme preset.
- Custom light or dark color theme.
- Set color variables – use color picker to set the color variables of the forum.
- Canvas background image – set background image for the boxed layout.
- Header image – set header background image.
- Header image opacity – set opacity of the header background image.
- Custom CSS code – add your own custom css code here.
- Custom code in HEAD tag – link your custom external resources here.
E.g. Google Analytics tracking code.
- Sidebar widgets – add up to 5 different sidebar widgets.
- Footer widgets – add widgets for the footer columns.
- Recent Topics – display a number of your forum’s recently updated topics.
- Info Tabs – a cool way to display who’s online, forum stats and birthdays.
- Authentication – log-in form for guest and unregistered users.
- Advertisement – your advertisement widget set in Advertisements and Banners.
- Forums List – see the list of the forums wherever you may navigate inside the boards.
- Links List – preset widget example for a links list (HTML editable).
- About Us Text – preset widget for the about us text (HTML editable).
- 3 Custom Code Widgets – even more HTML editable widgets.
Next to the big number of built-in options customizable via coreframe Eles is also one of the only themes around to support template inheritance, making source code editing fun again.
Support is done via the product comments section.
The item documentation is included in the downloadable archive.
Please read the Item Support Policy (5 minutes reading time).
Probably the best theme for PHPBB 3.1 so far. Hoping it’ll be maintained for 3.2 and upwards!
– capalex65, 5 Stars for Code Quality
Best premium phpbb theme.
– karakutu, 5 Stars for Design Quality
I really like the design and customizability of the theme. I also had a unique customization issue that the author was happy to help me with in a very timely and professional manner. Keep up the great work!
– Jaden85, 5 Stars for Customizability
I’ve been using Theme’s for phpbb since like 2011 and I have to say this is the best and easiest to use theme yet. 5 Stars to the creator.
– BriniaSona, 5 Stars for Design Quality
Great design, works like a charm! The author is very helpful and works on new features. Keep up the good work!
– DJMischaa, 5 Stars for Design Quality
Easy install, easy customize, cool design, And the important thing: It works great!
– Kingsfield, 5 Stars for Feature Availability
This is literally the best theme I have bought so far. The quality of the code and design is very high, and the team keeps providing awesome updates for this theme. Great support as well! Good job guys! 5/5
– wolff94, 5 Stars for Flexibility
I really think this is one of the best tracks for phpbb 3.1 at this time.
– A Happy Customer
1.4.0 – Feature release
UPG - Upgraded to phpBB3.1.9 ADD - Added header VFX effect and option in Coreframe to turn it on/off. ADD - Added option in Coreframe to disable header-offset styling on the start page. ADD - Added support for the following third party extensions: + mChat Extension + phpBB 3.1 - NV Newspage Extension + phpBB 3.1 Event medals + Ajax Shoutbox REV - Optimized header-offset styling. REV - Improved JS scripting. REV - Added earth icon to footer copyright note. FIX - Fixed issue when settings won't save in coreframe. FIX - Fixed issue when css & js files won't load with in child theme. FIX - Fixed issue with extensions which have their own page. FIX - Hide authentication widget on the Login page. FIX - Fix social links alignment on mobile screens.
1.3.0 – Feature release
UPG - Upgraded to phpBB3.1.7-PL1. ADD - Added template inheritance support for developers. ADD - Added option to adjust transparency for the header image. ADD - Added option to set left or right sidebar position. ADD - Added invert text color variable to set text color in header & panel headers. ADD - Added support for two more social links: steam and twitch. ADD - Added support for multilingual widgets & menus with foreign characters. ADD - Added support for the following third party extensions: + Recent Topics + Quick Edit + Email list + External Links Open in New Window + phpBB3 SEO Sitemap + SEO Meta Description REV - Styled home page with an offset effect for contained layout mode. REV - Post action buttons are now visible only when the mouse is over the post. REV - Changed styling for post action buttons. REV - Added bigger header for home page and tweaked design. REV - Added link to profile view for default two-letter avatars. REV - Added class attributes to custom menu items to enable customization. REV - Improved flat corners styling sitewide. REV - Links from copyright text open now in new window. REV - Refined menubar size to allow more breathing space. REV - Added subtle bump effect to icons on buttons and links. REV - Improved styling of post awaiting approval panel for moderators. REV - Dimmed too strong box shadow when mouse is over posts in firefox. FIX - Fixed issues with icons and post header letter-spacing in IE 11. FIX - Infotabs widget works now in both sidebar and footer at the same time. FIX - Fixed styling for rules section in board rules extension on smartphones. FIX - Fixed styling elements in posts when avatars are on the right. FIX - Fixed styling for input in pagination dropdown on smartphones. FIX - Fixed styling for mcp and ucp on small screen devices. FIX - Fixed styling for posts displayed in the mcp and ucp. FIX - Unknown social links have default share icon instead of no icon. FIX - Fixed dropdown not showing in "Find a Member" popup window. FIX - Responsive tables no longer have double border between table rows. FIX - The three columns at the end of the index page are always full-width now. FIX - Breadcrumbs make better use of space on smartphones and tablets. FIX - Removed hidden search button at the right of breadcrumbs. FIX - Fixed issue when two-letter avatars would double their height. FIX - Removed hidden menu item when there are no custom menu items added. FIX - Solved issue with many warnings and notices in phpBB debug mode.
1.2.0 – Feature release
1.1.1 – Patch release
FIX - Fixed SQL ERROR when performing a fresh install of Coreframe 1.1.0 FIX - Updated styling for Flat Corners Style, to work as expected.
1.1.0 – Feature release
1.0.5 – Patch release
ADD - Added support for the following third party extensions: + Board Announcements + Last Post Avatar + Pages + About Us REV - Updated the layouting, styling and colors to a modern design. REV - Added parent color theme class to the body element for easier CSS styling. FIX - Color groups for username display are now available in dark themes. FIX - Improved text colors with custom color themes. FIX - Improved elements alignment in profile page.
1.0.4 – Patch release
REV - Updated pagination style to provide better accessibility. REV - Updated forum rules style. FIX - Fixed post profile style for smartphones. FIX - Improved display of widget titles on smaller screens. FIX - Improved responsive design for bottom action buttons.
1.0.3 – Patch release
1.0.2 – Patch release
FIX - Fixed admin extension incompatibility with older php versions.
1.0.1 – Patch release
ADD - Added notification via ACP for new versions. You can now check if you have the latest version installed on your forum by navigating to ACP > Customise > Manage Extensions and clicking on the Details button for coreframe. FIX - Fixed Code before </BODY> not working.
1.0.0 – Initial public release